Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Double Dragon


 
Wearing: Thrifted cheongsam and kimono with Asos pom pom sandals.

I cannot begin to tell you how long I have searched for the perfect kimono when frequenting thrift stores. I've favourited a few listings on Etsy, but often they ask for about $70 (depending on the design). More often than not I am happy to look through every rail in search for that one piece of treasure, but I didn't have to look very far at all when in Townsville. My lifelong manhunt came to an end at the big Salvos store in the pajama aisle on holidays with Harry and I was so excited. I had to show him immediately and although fashion isn't his thing he too was impressed, adding if he had found it himself he would have chosen it for me. The robe wouldn't have cost me more than ten dollars, and the embroidery is just stunning. Thrift shopping for a long time has been a solo pastime but I found the best pieces with my boyfriend- and I'm dying to go back to Townsville for that very reason!

No comments:

Post a Comment